[HFDlist] Fwd: Ambulance Intake Procedure Change

Ethan Naiman enaiman at holdenma.gov
Tue Jan 23 14:32:13 UTC 2024

EMS Providers,

See below and attached PowerPoints regarding a new "workflow" starting
at umass today are 1100hrs.

----- Forwarded message from Christopher Montiverdi
<cmontiverdi at holdenma.gov> -----
   Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 08:10:38 -0500
   From: Christopher Montiverdi <cmontiverdi at holdenma.gov>
Subject: Fwd: Fw: Ambulance Intake Procedure Change
     To: enaiman at holdenma.gov
     Cc: ssmith at holdenma.gov, rhall at holdenma.gov

  Capt:

  So UMass went live with a new triage process for ambulances. Its
going to be a work in progress to work out all the bugs, but
all-in-all it isn't too bad.  I worked last night and offloaded a
patient that I normally would have taken to the front triage in about
10 minutes.  attached is a power point that the ED and one of the WEMS
Lt. put together.  They are asking for crews to leave an alternate
exit than the main ED ambulance entrance. If you walk down CT hallway
(where we bring stokes and falls on thinners) keep walking to the end
of that hallway, go thru double doors and turn right, that will take
you out to the ED dock. In the slide deck they call that hallway the
"Brightway".....

  Chris