[HFDlist] M&M Rounds, Requirements/EMT Renewals

Ethan Naiman enaiman at holdenma.gov
Mon Jan 22 13:00:58 UTC 2024

  Good Morning EMS Providers,

We have scheduled the first of our in-house EMS rounds for Monday
February 26, 6p-8pm. This will be a case review led by Dr. Weisberg.
New this year, DPH released an advisory (attached), stating that
rounds attendance requirements apply to all levels of EMTs. Dr.
Weisberg and I are still in discussion in how this will affect our
service and round requirement minimums long-term, but for now, I would
plan that all providers will need to attend 4 rounds per calendar year
(at least two of those hosted by umass) irrespective of level. That
being said, rounds do have a great deal of educational benefit for all
of our EMS providers, and we try to make it as enjoyable as possible
by offering two case review sessions and two practical review sessions.

On another note, anyone who is recerting for CY2024, please make sure
you complete your renewals (and payments) both in NREMT, as well as
the state website located
here: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/renew-your-emt-advanced-emt-or-paramedic-certification

Any questions, please touch base with me.

Thanks,

  Ethan
    Ethan Naiman
   Captain/EMS Coordinator