[HFDlist] CORI Checks

Russ Hall rhall at holdenma.gov
Wed Mar 11 18:52:00 UTC 2020

All:

The department is currently undergoing our re-validation for Mass Health through the Department of Public Health.  As part of this re-validation, we are now required to provide annual CORI checks on all EMT’s and Paramedics employed by the department.  This was new to us this year but it is in fact a Massachusetts State Regulation as referenced below:

130 CMR 407.000: TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

407.405: Provider Eligibility: In-state

(B) The provider must ensure that applicants and employees whose positions entail the potential for unsupervised contact with MassHealth members including, but not limited to, drivers and attendants, provide written references and undergo a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check before any contact with a MassHealth member. The provider must ensure that all new employees whose positions entail the potential for unsupervised contact with MassHealth members, including but not limited to drivers and attendants, undergo a CORI check prior to employment. The provider must ensure that all existing employees whose positions entail the potential for unsupervised contact with MassHealth members, including but not limited to drivers and attendants, undergo a CORI check annually to recertify their eligibility for their position. The CORI must be in compliance with guidelines that the Executive Office of Health and Human Services may issue. The CORI must remain on file at the transportation provider's place of business.

We will be placing the CORI release forms in all EMT’s and Paramedics mailboxes at Fire HQ, we need them back ASAP so that we can submit the re-validation paperwork.  Thanks for your cooperation.

Chief Hall

Russ Hall
Fire Chief/EMD