[HFDlist] Covid-19

Russ Hall rhall at holdenma.gov
Wed Mar 11 14:44:35 UTC 2020

All:

With the recent developments in the Covid-19 virus and the recent state of emergency declared by Governor Baker, we all should be aware of the necessary steps to prevention.  Along with personal protection measures that you can do yourself such as washing hands and covering coughs, we will be disinfecting hard surfaces around the station and in the ambulances on a daily basis.  Each ambulance and the stations will have spray bottles with a 10% bleach solution for disinfecting the surfaces.  Any employee who is feeling sick with fever or flu like symptoms, should not come to work or respond to callbacks.  Guidelines for EMS responses for suspected Covid-19 patients and dispatch procedures will be released shortly based on CDC guidelines.  In the meantime, if there is any question when responding to a medical emergency that involves flu like symptoms, always air on the side of caution and don the proper PPE.  Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

Chief Hall

Russ Hall
Fire Chief/EMD