[HFDlist] HFD COVID-19 Travel Policy

Russ Hall rhall at holdenma.gov
Thu Jul 16 19:42:09 UTC 2020

All:

  As some of you are aware, the Town came out with a COVID travel policy
last week that was global but not really effective for public safety or
first responder interests.With the COVID-19 Pandemic and the ever
changing areas of the nation and the world that are becoming hotspots,
it is understandable that the safety and wellness of our employees and
their families should come first especially as we all begin to venture
out.Without reviewing the issues with the original town policy, the
department has drafted our own SOP on travel during COVID-19. This
policy will allow us as a public safety department to ensure that we
keep the safety of our department members as a top priority without
restricting the rights of the individual.The policy will be added to our
current SOP/SOG 1.8 Vacation/Personal Leave Requests and will be titled
1.8A COVID-19 Travel Policy.As with any COVID-19 temporary policy, we
will continually review to ensure that it is as current as possible as
things change.This policy is for all department members and
administrative staff and is attached.Any questions, please feel free to
contact me.

Thanks:

Chief Hall

Fire Chief/EMD