[HFDlist] IAR Malicious Emails

Sean Smith ssmith at holdenma.gov
Thu Dec 17 13:56:53 UTC 2020

All,

See the below alert from IAR regarding corrupt emails sent out this week.

/Greetings. We want to let you know that some of our company email
accounts (emergencysmc.com emails) were corrupted and are being used to
send potentially malicious emails asking recipients to open an attached
zip file. Do NOT open those attachments. Look carefully at the address
the emails are actually being sent from. Any sent after 11am ET on
12/14/20 look to be from us but are actually coming from
non-emergencysmc.com addresses. Some prior to then came from our
internal (corrupted) addresses as being from either Amanda,
Subscriptions or Dispatch (all with zip files attached). Please know
that our company email accounts have no attachment whatsoever to our IaR
system data servers, and reside on an entirely different network, so
this does not involve your IaR systems at all. However, emails between
you and us prior to today may have been accessed. Please remember that
it is always good practice to change your IaR passwords regularly, and
to never click on any links in any emails that you are not certain
about. Emails from us are always signed by us, and you should always
call the sender before clicking any links if you have any doubts about
their legitimacy. Thank you for your attention to this matter, and
please feel free to contact us with any questions./

If you have any issues, please contact the IT Department.

Sean
//

/
/