[HFDlist] HFD Vehicle Operation Policy

ssmith at holdenma.gov ssmith at holdenma.gov
Tue Jan 22 19:13:59 UTC 2019

Good Afternoon,

There has been several incidents in recent months that had the
potential of causing severe damage to equipment or injury to our
members. In response, we have worked with the Officers and several
members to come up with the best a way to prevent these incidents
going forward. We have come up with a procedure, focusing on vehicle
operations when leaving and returning to the stations, both HQs and
Chaffins. We feel that this procedure will work to prevent some of the
near misses that we have recently had.

Please review the attached policy that will go into affect immediately.

Any questions/ concerns, please let me know.

Thanks
Sean

Sean Smith
Deputy Chief