[HFDlist] ** Dispatch Change **

Sean Smith ssmith at holdenma.gov
Fri Jun 28 15:08:25 UTC 2024

Good Morning,

As of July 1st, the Wachusett RECC will officially be an independent
department, no longer structured under Holden PD. With the change,
efforts are being made to progress dispatch to function more as a true
regional dispatch center. Part of this effort has involved regular
meetings with the involved Fire departments to standardize
communications and procedures.

One of the first changes that are being implemented is how dispatch is
hailed. Effected today, dispatch will be hailed as "FIRE ALARM". "Holden
Fire" will no longer be used. Additionally, all Holden apparatus will
now use the mid state designation number, "14" before the apparatus
number. For example. Ambulance 4 will now be designated "14 A4"

It important to continue to use the concept, /"Hey you, its me/" when
communicating over the radio. This ensures who you are hailing over the
radio, keys into the message being delivered.

In summary, the new style of radio communications should sound like the
following:

"Fire Alarm from 14 Engine 2"

"Fire Alarm answering 14 Engine 2"

"14 Engine 2 is arriving at the scene"

I understand this is a big change for all of us and will take some
getting used to of. If you have issues, concerns, feedback moving
forward, please reach out.

Thanks,

C2

--