[HFDlist] COVID Cases

Russ Hall rhall at holdenma.gov
Thu Dec 16 13:48:26 UTC 2021

All:

Recently, we have seen a spike in COVID 19 positive cases in Holden and
throughout the Commonwealth.  Currently we have some department members
who have contracted COVID and all of the close contacts have been
notified.  At this time, we are looking at our past policies on COVID to
determine what the best practices for the department will be moving
forward until the recent spike subsides.  We have obtained some rapid
testing kits that we will be using to test those who have been close
contacts prior to their duty shifts and we are hopeful to get more of
these tests to test other members coming on duty to ensure everyone's
safety.  In the meantime, be vigilant in protecting yourselves when
responding to calls by wearing the appropriate PPE that is dictated by
the type of call.  We have a cache of PPE supplies and plenty of masks
in stock.  We will resume the practice of disinfecting the stations and
ambulances everyday as we did before.  I realize that everyone is sick
and tired of dealing with this pandemic and hopefully we will see an end
to this recent spike soon.

Thanks:

Chief Hall

Fire Chief/EMD