[HFDlist] Station 2 Apparatus Plan

Sean Smith ssmith at holdenma.gov
Fri Jan 10 17:56:53 UTC 2020

All,

To keep everyone in the loop with the operations plan at station 2, the
following changes have been implemented.

The initial idea was to keep the ambulance assigned to station 2 7a-7p
running outside during the cold weather in order to keep Eng 1 and Eng 3
inside. We have found that the wear and tear on the ambulance running 12
hours a day/ 7 days a week is creating mechanical issues with the
vehicles. In order to make a spot to keep the ambulance inside, the on
duty crews will be moving Engine 3 to Headquarters during the days which
the predicted temps will be below freezing. Engine 3 will be brought
back to Station 2 during the overnight hours.

In the event of All Call, all personal are still expected to respond to
their assigned stations. For those who respond to Station 2, when the
duty crew has already responded with Eng 1 to the scene, notify the
Senior Fire Officer on the radio with the staffing level at the station.
It will be the determination of the Officer if the additional personal
at the station will respond to the scene in the Ambulance, relocate to
HQs, or to stage at the station.

We accept the fact that there may be issues/ confusion with the latest
changes. But understand, the ultimate goal of the Holden Fire Department
is to provide the best service the residents of our community.

The plan will only be effective during the cold/ inclement weather and
anticipate resuming normal operations in March.

Sean

--
Sean Smith
Deputy Chief