[HFDlist] Training

jpoznanski at holdenma.gov jpoznanski at holdenma.gov
Wed May 22 16:32:55 UTC 2019

  Good afternoon,

I would like to start by saying thank you for everyone's efforts in
training our new members, both career and call. I have seen alot of
people stepping up and trying to help out, Keep up the good work!

As a reminder, call training is still the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of
every month. If you do not plan on attending, please notify me. Last
night we ended up with only 4 members. As always we adapted to what we
had, but on a totally different agenda. With that being said, please
make every effort to notify us so we can prepare good training and not
waste people's time. Many members have expressed wanting to combine
trainings more again. Starting now, career members will at least be
present during training for interaction and imput, so plan your shift
accordingly.

Deputy Smith and FF Montiverdi have been designing an Active Shooter
Response plan (ASHER). We would like to start the 1st level of
training as a full department. Due to vacations and surgeries, we are
limited on time. We will be holding training for the whole department
on Tuesday June 4, 1830 hrs @ HQ. Career members, this is not
manditory however we ask that you make every effort to attend.

The annual Mandatory Live Fire Training is scheduled for October 5th
and October 12th. Half the department will go each day along with half
of the Rutland Fire Department. We will be using the Worcester burn
building concentrating on multi-level fires and stand pipe operations.
A sign up sheet will be out in August. Please let me know if anyone
has problems or concerns. Reminder that if you are unable to attend
either of the dates provided, you must complete an approved structural
burn from either MFA or another community pending the Chiefs approval.

Thanks,
Josh