[HFDlist] Annual reviews

Russ Hall rhall at holdenma.gov
Thu Jun 14 10:09:13 EDT 2018

All:

The command staff of the department has been working on a plan to
conduct annual firefighter reviews and the officers have started the
process of reviewing all employees both career and call.  This is
something that we started working on under Chief Chandler but we have
finally found a format that works for us in this environment and have
moved forward with it.  These reviews will be used to give everyone an
idea of where they are in all aspects of the department.  This will be a
good opportunity for each individual to set goals and objectives for
themselves moving forward in the next year.  The Shift Officers will be
reviewing the career members on their shifts and the Call Officers will
be reviewing call members at their respective stations.  Over the next
month or so, the officers will begin going over the reviews with each
firefighter individually.  The hope is this will start giving everyone a
yearly review of progress, goals and objectives and each person can
track their progress to help them get to where they want to be as a
Firefighter.  Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks:

14C

Fire Chief