[HFDlist] Department SOG on Social Media

Russ Hall rhall at holdenma.gov
Fri Sep 29 14:27:29 EDT 2017

All:

In light of the social media issues that are swirling around one of our
neighboring departments, I felt it pertinent to send out our department
SOG for social media, which was developed when we launched the HFD
Facebook page.  Although it is the norm in today's society to express
our 1st amendment rights via social media platforms such as Facebook,
Twitter and a host of others, as public safety employees we need to
maintain a higher standard in what is posted or responses we post to the
issues of today whether political or social.  Please remember that you
are always an agent of the Holden Fire Department whether on duty or at
home and the public we serve will hold you to that no matter what.
There are news outlets and I don't need to name them, that are waiting
to see or get tips to the social media missteps of public safety
officials.  A copy of this policy has been placed in everyones mailbox
at Fire HQ, please sign the bottom and place them in the green folder on
Leah's desk by Friday 10/6/17 so that we can file them in your personnel
file.

Thanks:

C2

Deputy Chief