[HFDlist] Lt. Mike Rosen wake/funeral

Bergstrom, Peter (Pete) PBergstrom at ALLEGROMICRO.com
Mon Sep 4 18:58:50 EDT 2017

All,

The assignment list for the wake is attached. Two locations, top of entry stairs and at casket. Most FD members have been paired with an Explorer. Please help them out with any questions.

Thanks,
DC Bergstrom

-----Original Message-----
From: Leah Francese-Wood [mailto:lfwood at holdenma.gov]
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2017 2:19 PM
To: Fire Dept List Serv
Subject: [HFDlist] Lt. Mike Rosen wake/funeral

To all:

The details for Mike Rosen service are as follows:

The wake is to be held on Tuesday, September 5th from 5-8 and Funeral on Wednesday, September 6th.

Wake: All Department members are asked meet at Fire Headquarters no later than 4:15 on Tuesday. From there we will proceed  to Miles funeral home for a 4:30 walk through before the general public. Once the walk through occurs, for those interested, 2 members will be positioned on either side of the casket. Two other members will be asked to stand on either side of the staircase leading into the funeral home. If enough people are interested, and as in past wakes, we will rotate members through at 30 minute intervals. That may be reduced to 15 minute intervals if interest is high.

For the day of the funeral, members are asked to meet at HQs for 10am.
We are looking for 5 interested members to be a part of an honor guard.
(2 members to hold axes, American flag, mass call/vol flag, and explorers flag) Those members ONLY will proceed to Miles funeral home to stand at attention outside, near the hearse as the casket is loaded into it. For members not part of the honor guard, they will go directly to St. Georges Church, 40 Brattle St., Worcester. Members are asked to line up to await the procession. The procession is scheduled to arrive at the church around 10:50/11:00.

We are looking for members to email a response as soon as possible for interest in the following:
- Casket and stairs detail for the wake.
- 5 Honor guard members.

Please be sure to specify your interest of being a part of the honor guard, wake detail, funeral detail at church or all parts of it. Deputy Chief Bergstrom will be making a spreadsheet of those interesting in doing the wake detail. Please email him at pbergstrom at allegromicro.com.

Any questions or concerns, please contact Lieutenant David Chapin @
774-696-3640 or dchapin at holdenma.gov.

Thank you.

David Chapin