[HFDlist] Lt. Mike Rosen wake/funeral

Leah Francese-Wood lfwood at holdenma.gov
Fri Sep 1 14:19:27 EDT 2017

To all:

The details for Mike Rosen service are as follows:

The wake is to be held on Tuesday, September 5th from 5-8 and Funeral on
Wednesday, September 6th.

Wake: All Department members are asked meet at Fire Headquarters no
later than 4:15 on Tuesday. From there we will proceed  to Miles funeral
home for a 4:30 walk through before the general public. Once the walk
through occurs, for those interested, 2 members will be positioned on
either side of the casket. Two other members will be asked to stand on
either side of the staircase leading into the funeral home. If enough
people are interested, and as in past wakes, we will rotate members
through at 30 minute intervals. That may be reduced to 15 minute
intervals if interest is high.

For the day of the funeral, members are asked to meet at HQs for 10am.
We are looking for 5 interested members to be a part of an honor guard.
(2 members to hold axes, American flag, mass call/vol flag, and
explorers flag) Those members ONLY will proceed to Miles funeral home to
stand at attention outside, near the hearse as the casket is loaded into
it. For members not part of the honor guard, they will go directly to
St. Georges Church, 40 Brattle St., Worcester. Members are asked to line
up to await the procession. The procession is scheduled to arrive at the
church around 10:50/11:00.

We are looking for members to email a response as soon as possible for
interest in the following:
- Casket and stairs detail for the wake.
- 5 Honor guard members.

Please be sure to specify your interest of being a part of the honor
guard, wake detail, funeral detail at church or all parts of it. Deputy
Chief Bergstrom will be making a spreadsheet of those interesting in
doing the wake detail. Please email him at pbergstrom at allegromicro.com.

Any questions or concerns, please contact Lieutenant David Chapin @
774-696-3640 or dchapin at holdenma.gov.

Thank you.