[HFDlist] Holden Fire Fitness Challenge

Heidi Lafleur-Mcalice hmcalice at holdenma.gov
Tue Dec 13 11:03:34 EST 2016

Hello All,

A few fire department members are looking to do a small competition for
motivation to get into better shape and lose some weight in the process.
We have some ideas about reasonable goals and time frames, but will not
finalize until we get an idea of how many people are interested. The
general idea is a 6 month competition with a weight loss goal and a
fitness challenge at the end. The competition will begin on January 15th
and end on July 15th, with the fitness challenge on a Saturday or Sunday
around that time. There will be a monetary, reasonable "buy in" at the
beginning, with a winner takes all finish. The last place finisher will
be required to cook a meal for all participants of the competition at a
mutually agreed upon time and place. This challenge will be open to all
members, including front office staff.

If you are interested in being a part of this, please email back to
holdenfirechallenge at gmail.com <mailto:holdenfirechallenge at gmail.com>, no
later than December 27th. Please include your height, weight, and what
general fitness goals you would like to achieve. The format will be
determined by the number of people who would like to be involved. A
confirmation email will be sent by January 3rd with the final layout of
the competition and further details. The first "weigh-in" will be the
week of January 15th, with bi-weekly weigh-ins and status reports to
follow.

Happy Holidays,

Bob