[HFDlist] Fwd: Re: Passing of Former Deputy Chief Lou White of Princeton Fire

Jack Chandler jchandler at holdenma.gov
Thu Mar 19 15:56:53 EDT 2015

FYI....

I just wanted to update you all that the calling hours for former Deputy
Chief Lou White will be at Miles Funeral Home in Holden MA tomorrow
night, Friday March 20th from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM.  There will be an
honor guard from Princeton Fire. Princeton Fire will conduct a walk
through for the family at 7:45 PM but all are welcome to join.
*1158 Main Street (Rte. 122A)
Holden, MA 01520
(508) 829-4434*

The funeral service is Saturday, March 21st at 1PM at the First
Congregational Church of Rutland.  264 Main St. Rutland MA
*_
_*

He was a former member and deputy chief of the Princeton Fire Department
for 21 years

PRINCETON - Lewis L. White, Jr., 78, passed away at home surrounded by
his loving family on Saturday, March 14, 2015 after an illness. He was
born in Keene, NH, the son of Lewis L., Sr. and Marjorie J. (Baker)
White and had lived in Princeton for over 50 years.

He leaves his loving wife of 58 years, Mary Margaret (Londergan) White;
two sons, Kevin L. White and his wife, Elizabeth of Jefferson and Brian
K. White and his wife, Jennifer of Lunenburg; two daughters, Donna M.
Horsfall and her husband, Paul of Holden and Cynthia A. O’Leary and her
husband, John of South Barre; three sisters, Sylvia White of Culver
City, CA, Sharon Sullivan of Princeton and Janice Lanpher and her
husband, John of Princeton; eleven grandchildren; two
great-grandchildren; and several nephews and nieces.

Lewis was a Sergeant in the U.S. Army during the Korean Conflict. He
worked as a milkman at Hycrest Farm, Tri-City Dairy and Laurel Hill
Dairy before he owned and operated White’s Dairy in Princeton. After his
milk deliveries, he became a school bus driver for LaPorte’s Bus Company
and later in the day went to work as a chef at Four Acres Restaurant in
Sterling. He was an inspector at plant 7 at Norton Company until the age
of 50 and then became a long haul tractor trailer driver for E. J.
Prescott/PEP Transportation in Gardiner, ME where he worked for 22 years
and driving over 2 1/2 million miles before retiring at the age of 72 in
2008. After retiring from driving, he went to work with his son and
grandson as a grounds crew maintenance worker for the past 6 years at
Holden Hills Country Club.

Lewis was a member of The Rutland Sportsmen’s Club, past commander of
the Princeton American Legion and was a member and past first vice
president of the North American Family Campers Assoc. He was a former
member and deputy chief of the Princeton Fire Department for 21 years
and played in the pitch league. In his spare time, Lewis was an avid
camper who loved to spend time with family and friends.

Lewis’s family wishes to thank the staff of the Gardner VNA Hospice for
their care and compassion, especially Kirsten, Linda and countless
others that touched his life during his illness. It was greatly
appreciated.

Relatives and friends are invited to attend calling hours from 5 to 8
p.m. on Friday, March 20, in the Miles Funeral Home, 1158 Main Street,
Holden. Funeral services for Mr. White will be held on Saturday, March
21, at 1 p.m. in the First Congregational Church of Rutland, 264 Main
Street, Rutland. Burial will be held in the spring at Woodlawn Cemetery
in Princeton. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to
the Princeton Firefighter’s Association, P.O. Box 37, Princeton, MA 01541.

From: John Bennett/FLEXCON
To: "Annear, Dennis" <fire at townoforange.org>, "Chandler, Jack"
<jchandler at holdenma.gov>, "Conte, Jay" <chiefconte at hotmail.com>,
"Correia, Pat" <patricia.correia at massmail.state.ma.us>, "Dio, Gerard"
<diog at ci.worcester.ma.us>, "Flanagan, Joseph"
<jflanagan at boylston-ma.gov>, "Hurlbut, David"
<david.hurlbut at sterlingfd.net>, "Kennedy, Paul"
<midstatefire at comcast.net>, "LeBlanc, Joseph"
<jleblanc at massdevelopment.com>, "LeVesque, Dennis"
<sfd35chief at yahoo.com>, "Mentzer, John" <jmentzer at bolton-ma.gov>,
"Newton, Keith" <dpw at royalston-ma.gov>, "Welsh, Thomas"
<twelsh at westboylstonfire.org>, "Pedrazzi, Robert"
<firechief at ayer.ma.us>, "Ricard, Bruce" <firechief at townofberlin.com>,
"Robinson, Dana" <petershamfire at verizon.net>, "Roy, Kevin"
<kroy at fitchburgma.gov>, "Seymour, William" <fchief at ci.ashby.ma.us>,
"Sicard, Richard" <rsicard at harvard.ma.us>, "Sideleau, Robert"
<rsideleau at leominster-ma.gov>, "Smith, Thomas" <wfdchief39c at aol.com>,
"Stevens, Richard" <fire at phillipston-ma.gov>, "Hayes, Robert"
<firechief at hubbardstonma.us>, "Hanson, Mike" <mhanson at lancasterfd.net>,
"Sullivan, Patrick" <psullivan at lunenburgonline.com>, John
Bennett/FLEXCON at FLEXCON, "Snay, Thomas" <firechief at oakham-ma.gov>,
"Laporte, Raymond" <chieflaporte at princetonfd.org>, Dennis Letendre
<newbraintreefirechief at gmail.com>, "Futterer, Patrick"
<pfutterer at acton-ma.gov>, "Weber, Brad" <firechief at townofrutland.org>,
"Rogowski, Joseph" <barrefire at gmail.com>, "Ares, Richard"
<rares at gardner-ma.gov>, "McLaughlin, John"
<jmclaughlin at clintonfire.net>, "Nivala, Kevin"
<knivala at westminster-ma.gov>, "Boynton, Mark"
<firechief at townsendfire-ems.org>, "Duguay, John" <atholfd at verizon.net>,
"Rekos, Paul" <2w4paulr at gmail.com>
Date: 03/15/2015 09:44 AM
Subject: Passing of Former Deputy Chief Lou White of Princeton Fire

I am saddened to inform you of the passing of former Deputy Chief 25C-1
Lou White of the Princeton Fire Department.  Lou passed away last night
after a long battle with cancer.  Lou's son Brian White is also a former
Princeton Firefighter and now a firefighter with Shirley Fire.  Lou's
older son Kevin White was also a Princeton Firefighter and Lou's whole
family was part of our family for years.  Lou was one of my mentors for
years in the Princeton Fire Department and he had a huge impact on my
life and love of the fire service.

We will keep you informed as the family makes funeral arrangements.
  Anyone that can help with gathering pictures for the family would be
greatly appreciated.  I spent last Sunday with Lou and his family and
presented him with my former Deputy Chief Badge C-1 that I am honored to
know that will be with Lou as he takes his final journey.  I am also
extremely appreciative of Chaplain Peter Rotando who has spent countless
hours with Lou and his family.

Sign Up for our eNewsletter 'FLEXflash' for Product Updates.
<http://www.flexcon.com/flexflash-signup>