[HFDlist] EMS CON-ED

bpatch at holdenma.gov bpatch at holdenma.gov
Wed Oct 2 16:25:27 EDT 2013

Hello all,

On October 22nd at 7pm we will be having a con ed class here at HQ,
titled "the Human Body".  The class will discuss and review basic
anatomy, structure and most importantly the airway.  We will have
several areas for hands on practical skills for both the BLS and ALS
levels. There will be some discussion involved as well.  I have
submitted for 3 hours of CON-ED credits and we are waiting approval.

This will be a great review class for all to attend, and with the
certification year winding down, it will help boost hours of you are
running low.

We also have scheduled M&M rounds for November 25th from 10am-12p.
This is always a great opportunity to come in and go over medical/
trauma cases we have done here in town.  This is already approved for
2 hours.

If you are interested in taking the BLS refresher we need to know
ASAP, the books need to be ordered and I need to get you scheduled to
take the 2 hour practical.

As of Jan 1,2014 we have brought all con ed back in house, the first
training in January will be on the 28th from 7-9pm.  At this class we
will be setting up all of your NREMT profiles, so your attendance at
this training will be very helpful.

Regular EMS monthly training will be held on the 4th Tuesday of every
month, times TDB.

If you have any requests for a topic to be taught, or that you wish to
teach, let me know and we can get it submitted for the hours.