[HFDlist] Afternoon shifts

Jack Chandler jchandler at holdenma.gov
Thu Mar 14 11:45:40 EDT 2013

As a reminder, in March we implemented call shifts during the
afternoon/evening hours Monday through Friday. We hope this will make
sure we have better coverage after 14C and C4 leave for the day. Our
busiest times are 7 AM to 9 PM and then it drops slightly until 11 PM at
which time it really drops off so the extra coverage will be a benefit.

FF/EMTs will get a priority and regular Firefighters will get shifts
after that. Anyone who is on the roll call as a firefighter is eligible.
The sign-up sheets are now posted at headquarters. Shifts will run from
4 to 9 but if you can't get here until later because of work that is OK,
just note it when you sign up.

Around the 15^th of the month we will take down the signup sheets and
post the actual assignments for the following month. *Please sign up for
April shifts as soon as possible!!*

If you sign up for a shift please be sure to be there! Once you are
assigned the shift we are counting on you to be there!

I hope that everyone will take advantage of this opportunity. It allows
extra time to work with the on-duty shifts and to become more familiar
with the equipment! We also plan to continue the summer weekend shifts
from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

If you have any questions please let me know!

14C

--
Jack Chandler, Chief
Holden, Massachusetts 01520
JChandler at holdenma.gov

This electronic message is confidential and intended for the named recipient only. Any dissemination, disclosure or distribution of the contents of this communication is unlawful and prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact by return e-mail or telephone (your phone number), and delete the copy you received. Thank you.