[HFDlist] SAFE class

Leah Francese-Wood lfwood at holdenma.gov
Tue Jan 22 14:20:30 EST 2013

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING FROM LT. DAVE CHAPIN-

Hello: As the SAFE Coordinator, I am looking for 2 people who would be
interested in assisting me teach the SAFE Program in preschools,
elementary, middle and High School. There would also be work with the
elderly through the Senior Center. I have had help in the past which was
much appreciated, but as the town is growing....seems I can't do this
task on my own. Those that are willing to teach will need to take the
40-hour PUBLIC FIRE AND LIFE SAFETY EDUCATOR class. This class is listed
on the DFS website. The class gives the basics on going into schools and
teaching different learning styles.

As my schedule has become limited, I am looking for FFs that are
comfortable going into the schools, teaching lessons taught in the past,
and creating other lesson plans. Experience in this, makes it easier!

The Academy has 1 class listed so far this year. The class will be March
21, 22, 28, 29 and April 4th. Class is from 8A to 4P in Billerica at the
Middlesex Sherriffs Office. This class will be paid out of SAFE budget
and includes travel to and from class.

If there are multiple FFs interested I can certainly put in the SAFE
budget for next year, 2 more people. I may have to conduct an informal
interview process if interest is high. This town is getting bigger and
bigger and it's great to have a core group of people interested in
teaching not only students, but the public about fire safety and
prevention. Not to mention that as Firefighters, that's all of our jobs
to do regardless. Thank you!  Dave.
--
LEAH FRANCESE-WOOD/ Holden Fire Administration Office- 1370 Main Street-
Holden, MA 01520 - Phone:(508) 210-5650 Fax: (508) 210-5657