[HFDlist] EMS Trainings/Updates

Ethan Naiman enaiman at holdenma.gov
Wed May 8 15:58:41 UTC 2024

All,

A couple of EMS training/update items to be aware of:

1.) Rounds will be held on Tuesday, May 28th at 6pm. This will be a
practical scenario session held in the simulation lab. We will
concentrate on formulating differential diagnoses. We will also cover
one of the two yearly required Epi Check and Inject sessions during
this training.

2.) We have purchased the VIPER restraints. For those of you who did
not attend the in-service training, please make yourself familiar by
watching the provided videos in the link below. These are reusable so
feel free to practice with them. They will be going on the trucks
early next week. The plan will be to have two restraints placed in the
upper cabinet above the tech seat, one in the first-in bag, and one
attached to the stair chair in each of three in-service ambulances.

3.) I will be posting several assignments that will be due between now
and Sept 1 in Prodigy. I try to assign them only to those members who
haven't already completed the required training in the last calendar
year, but the site does not always do this correctly. If you feel you
have already taken the assigned class, please confirm in your class
transcripts and retain a copy of the certificate.

4.) Lastly, the Hamilton ventilator will be sent out for PMI service
today. The spare Newport will be in its place until the vent is
returned.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ethan