[HFDlist] Paxton Fire Update

Sean Smith ssmith at holdenma.gov
Tue Jul 2 21:24:05 UTC 2024

Good Afternoon-

As you may have heard, the Town of Paxton failed two override votes,
which forced the Town to make some difficult cuts to staffing and
operating budgets. We have spoken with Chief Pingitore and can provide
the following plans moving forward:

- The current staffing plan does not cut any full time staff, but did
make cuts to the call/ per- diem members. Additionally, changes to
recalls and response procedures were modified.

*What does this mean for Holden*- Paxton has committed to continue to
send resources for both fire and EMS requests. On the fire side, we will
not be changing our alarm card, and will continue to request resources
from Paxton accordingly. If Paxton is unable to fulfill the request, the
Officer in Charge will make the determination to back fill the apparatus
from the next alarm IF NEEDED. Regarding EMS- As the cuts have not
impacted the full time personnel, the staffing levels are unchanged and
should be able to provide an ambulance mutual aid as usual.

*What does this mean for incidents in Paxton*- Paxton has implemented a
few changes for incidents in their Town. Effective today, Paxton has
established an automatic aid request for reported fires, similar to our
system. So we can expect to be started sooner for fires, please monitor
and respond accordingly. Paxton has identified 2 properties that will
bring in auto aid for any ALARM ACTIVATION'S- /The Hills/ located at 260
Grove Street and /Anna Maria College/ located at 50 Sunset Lane will
request our TOWER to respond to the scene. Please make yourself familiar
with the location of these properties. For 260 Grove, you will need to
enter from Grove Street, not through the emergency exit on Holden
Street. See attached map.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns with this, please dont
hesitate to reach out.

Sean

-

--