[HFDlist] Apparatus Safety Issues

Sean Smith ssmith at holdenma.gov
Tue Sep 26 19:37:14 UTC 2023

All,

After we have had a few incidents recently, I wanted to send out a
reminder that when ever apparatus is parked, including in front of the
station, chock blocks must be used. (per Department Policy)

Also remember if you are doing training/ truck checks and are pulled
away to respond to a incident or handle a situation, it is important to
take a moment to shut down the truck and make it safe. Leaving a truck
running outside unattended is not acceptable and a safety issue.
Whenever possible, please put the trucks back in the station or let
someone know what is going on so others can put the equipment away.

Thank you for the attention with this matter.

Sean

--
Sean M. Smith
Deputy Chief