[HFDlist] Station 2

Sean Smith ssmith at holdenma.gov
Thu May 25 18:33:18 UTC 2023

Good Afternoon,

With the DPW moving to the new facility, some of the bays upstairs
became available for the Fire Department to store vehicles/ equipment.
Crews have been working hard to prep the first two bays (old mechanic
bays) over the last few weeks. Effective today, Engine 3 will be
relocated upstairs. Engine 1 will remain in the current location with
the on duty crews utilizing the old Eng 3 bay for the ambulance. The
temp metal outbuilding will be used for other things/ storage.

Few points to remember-

- The man door upstairs had a new coded lock installed with the same
code as downstairs (8703)

- There are no garage door remotes for the upstairs bays. Please
remember to close the doors behind when leaving/ responding.

- A new light switch was installed upstairs to control the bay lights.
First switch on your left when you walk in.

- The man door at the bottom of the stairs going into the living
quarters does not have to be locked, as we have access control of both
entrances.

- 1 camera has been installed at the entrance, other cameras will be
installed in the future as to monitor the equipment being stored upstairs.

- Once the vehicle lift from the other bay upstairs is removed, that
space will be available for additional storage.

- MOST IMPORTANT- When pulling out of the bay with Eng 3, please proceed
slow and take a wide turn. The truck may scrap if the turn is made too
sharp. We did install a temp jersey barrier as a visual reminder.

If you have any issues or concerns, please let me know

Sean

--
Sean M. Smith
Deputy Chief