[HFDlist] Department Promotions

Russ Hall rhall at holdenma.gov
Tue Jun 27 20:08:08 UTC 2023

All:

As Chief of Department, I am pleased to announce new promotions from
within the department.As of 7/1/23, LT. Chris Montiverdi will be
assuming the role of Assistant Chief of Community Risk Reduction and LT.
Ethan Naiman will be promoted to the rank of Captain.

As many of you are aware, the department has taken on the provision of
public health for the Town as of 7/1.Bringing this function under the
department was the impetus to create a new division that focuses on our
planning and educational components.The Division of Community Risk
Reduction will be taking on Emergency Management, Public Health,
Emergency Preparedness and Public Education.Under this new format,
Assistant Chief Montiverdi will be heading up this division in a much
more expanded role than his previous duties.With the creation of this
command staff level position, the Assistant Chief will fit into our
command structure focusing on Incident Safety and Accountability, a
function that in the past we have relied on mutual aid Chief’s for.This
will enhance our ability to maintain accountability and enhance our
safety on the fireground by having someone dedicated to this task.

As the Shift Officer for Group 2, Captain Naiman has shown great
leadership qualities and command presence since being promoted into the
role of Lieutenant.As our department EMS coordinator he has done an
impeccable job dealing with all aspects of the position which includes
personnel management, budget management, equipment acquisition and
repair, affiliate hospital contracts and much more.All of his past
experience in various roles and commitment to the department will make
him a great addition to our senior department staff.

Please join me in congratulating and wishing both members luck as they
progress in their careers here at the Holden Fire Department.

Chief Hall

Fire Chief/EMD