[HFDlist] Fwd: C. Auris at Parsons Hill

Ethan Naiman enaiman at holdenma.gov
Sat Dec 17 15:03:40 UTC 2022

EMS Providers,

Please see attached memo regarding C. Auris cases in Worcester.

Ethan
----- Forwarded message from Debbie Foss <dfoss at cmemsc.org> -----
   Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 19:58:41 +0000
   From: Debbie Foss <dfoss at cmemsc.org>
Subject: FW: C. Auris at Parsons Hill

   Hello all,

   Our Region 2 Medical Director asked that we send this information out.

   While the current situation is located at one facility in
Worcester, he wanted to share this information to as many EMS
Providers as possible.

   Tina

   WE have had another reported case of C. Auris in the City of
Worcester, this time at Parsons Hill.  Out of an abundance of caution,
I was hoping to distribute the attached information widely to EMS so
that we can make sure that folks are protecting themselves if they
respond there.  For now, all patients in the facility should be
considered potentially infected and Contact Plus precautions should be
used and extensive vehicle decontamination should be performed after
each patient.

    Thanks for helping me get the word out about this.

Take care,

    John Broach, MD, MPH, MBA, FACEP

    Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine
Director, Division of EMS and Disaster Medicine
Department of Emergency Medicine

    UMass Memorial Medical Center

privileged material. Any review, transmission, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.

----- End forwarded message -----
    Ethan Naiman
   Lieutenant/EMS Coordinator
   Office: 508-210-5659