[HFDlist] New digital repeaters

Russ Hall rhall at holdenma.gov
Tue Jun 22 18:12:10 UTC 2021

All:

We are currently transitioning from our old radio repeater system to a
new digital repeater system.  You may see some change in radio
transmissions until all parts of the system are moved over and connected
to the fiber link at the repeater sites through dispatch.  There is also
an electronic "beep" sequence, which is an electronic identifier code
that can be heard during times after the radio has been keyed or during
calls.  This is temporary and will be remediated once the system is
fully functional.  This should not be heard on the mobiles and portables
as long as the monitor function is not on.  Unfortunately, the pagers
will not block this electronic identifier code and if you leave them in
the open position, you will get that code until it is taken care of.

Thanks:

Chief Hall

Fire Chief/EMD