[HFDlist] FW: You Have Been Assigned a CyberStrength Assessment

Russ Hall rhall at holdenma.gov
Mon Feb 3 15:12:08 UTC 2020

All:
Please read the below email from the Assistant Town Manger regarding a cybersecurity program assessment that all employees with a holdenma.gov email address must completed.  The email regarding the first assessment with the link is below.  Any questions please let me know.
Thanks:
Russ

Good morning everyone.....sleepy after the Superbowl I'm sure!
You recently received an email from Wombat Training Platform for a Cyber strength assessment.  This is real people-lol.  All employees with emails ending in holdenma.gov should be taking this assessment.  Department heads, please forward this information to your staff.
As you may have seen in the news, towns/school districts/cities of all sizes have become the targets of cyber criminals. These attacks have the potential to impact our critical systems and the personal data we have been entrusted with. The most common threat is ransomware, and a town-wide incident can begin with any of us clicking the wrong link in an email.
In an effort to increase cyber-awareness across the organization, we are participating in a Cybersecurity program with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Executive Office of Technology Services and Security, which starts today, Monday, February 3. This isn’t about checking a box, it’s about being better prepared for the growing cyber threat that exists.
Here is what you can expect throughout the year:
CyberStrength Assessment (one in February, one in December): a brief, 33-question online assessment that will help provide a baseline of our current cybersecurity posture as well as an understanding of the program’s effectiveness.
Training Assignments (March – November): You will receive 4 assignments over the course of the program, which will each include 4 training modules. Each module should take about 5-15 minutes each to complete and you will have several weeks to complete each assignment. Assignments do not need to be completed in one sitting.
Mock Phishing Emails (March – November): You will receive periodic emails that simulate a threat and will improve your ability to identify suspicious emails. Keep in mind that real threats will still exist during this period, so be sure to report anything suspicious you see.
Doug Nelson will be coordinating this program for the Town of Holden and will provide additional information throughout the course of the program.  Please click on the link in the email you received from Wombat Training Platform and take assessment by Feb-28-2020.
I look forward to seeing your full participation in the program.
Have a great week!

Russ Hall
Fire Chief/EMD