[HFDlist] Ambulance Thermometers

Ethan Naiman enaiman at holdenma.gov
Wed Apr 15 02:04:05 UTC 2020

  All:

In conjunction with our AHMD direction, we have placed a Infrared
Thermometer on each of the ambulances. These thermometers have been
placed into the top pouch of the Blue First In Bag along with the
blood pressure cuff and stethoscope. These are to be used only as
vital sign tool for documentation purposes with protocol 1.3 only, and
not a diagnostic tool to determine the need for transport.  They will
only be used during the current state of emergency.

When using the thermometer, please make sure the "Forehead Icon" (see
attached image) is displayed and and aim at forehead from a few inches
away, and press the trigger button until you hear a beep. If you see
an icon that is not the forehead icon, press the small purple button
until it appears. A full copy of the units instructions have been
placed in the fulltime office.

As always, let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
Ethan

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:   The contents of this email message and any
attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain
confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or
their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message
and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message
or its attachments is strictly prohibited.