[HFDlist] 2019 SOP/SOG Manual

Russ Hall rhall at holdenma.gov
Tue Jul 9 19:35:22 UTC 2019

All:

Attached is the new Holden Fire Department SOP/SOG Manual.  This is a comprehensive document which contains all of our policies and guidelines.  We have had many versions of rules and regs, policies, EMS policies, general orders etc. which have accumulated over the years and we felt that one overall document would benefit both the department and the firefighters.  I began this process in 2014 under Chief Chandler and it has taken many years to accumulate everything into one document, finally with work from Deputy Smith, it is finally finished.  Many of the policies have been in force for years, some are new and many of the guidelines are clarifications of operational expectations.  Please spend some time to review the entire manual cover to cover, if you are not an EMT you still need to be familiar with those procedures as you may end up providing care as a first responder.

We will be placing a sign off sheet in everyone’s mailbox at Fire HQ and they should be signed and returned to Leah prior to August 1.  The entire SOP/SOG manual will go into effect on August 1, 2019.  We will be having hard copies for each station printed, it is a large file so don’t try printing a personal copy, keep it electronically.  As it is updated we will resend it out in its entirety so that everyone has a complete up to date copy.  Any  questions, please feel free to contact the command staff.

Thanks:

Chief Hall