[HFDlist] SAFER Grant Acceptance

rhall at holdenma.gov rhall at holdenma.gov
Thu Sep 13 15:16:44 EDT 2018

All:

I am pleased to announce that the SAFER Grant award to hire 6
additonal full time firefighters has been accepted and supported by
the Town Manager, the Board of Selectmen and the Finance Committee.
As some are aware, this process has been a lot of work to get to this
point and we are extememly happy with the outcome.  We anticipate that
the new firefighters will be on board by mid-February at the latest.
Over the next few months, the Command Staff will be meeting to discuss
changes to our department operations moving forward with the
additional personnel.

During this process we have utilized statistical analysis of all
department staffing and operations as we never have in the past.
Moving forward we intend to keep using the data to enhance our
response capabilities and deliver the best possible service to the
public.

This is a great opportunity for the department to grow and I would
encourage our call personnel who are interested in a career positon to
apply when the jobs are posted.  We anticipate hiring 3 FF/Paramedics
and 3 FF/EMT's.  Any questions feel free to contact me.

Thanks:

Russ
Fire Chief