[HFDlist] Training

jpoznanski at holdenma.gov jpoznanski at holdenma.gov
Sat Sep 1 21:07:16 EDT 2018

Good Evening,

Hope everyone had a good summer, I know I did! Time to get back on
track with training. Mandatory Ladder Training will begin Tuesday
evening. There will be 2 sessions assigned to ladder training. All
fulltime members will complete the training while on duty. All others
will complete on 9/4 or 9/18 from 1830-2030. Anyone unable to attend
either night please contact me by Tuesday to make other arrangements.

As you may know, we have been trying to secure an aquired structure
for our annual mandatory live fire practicals. Lt Miller has been
working on it for several months but was unable to secure due to
multiple on site issues. We will once again be using the Brookfield
Training Facility to conduct these exercises. We have secured 2 four
hour Saturday mornings, October 27 and November 3. I realize the
training schedule had them during the week but we feel this would be a
difficult task to accomplish due to distance. All members must
complete live fire training within this calendar year per Dept Policy.
If you are unable to attend either day, you must provide us with a
certificate from an approved training program. Due to Saturday
trainings, we will only hold 1 Tuesday night training on 10/2. Please
make every effort to attend as this is good preparation for live fire
training.

Please email me your availability for the live fire training by Friday
September 14. Please indicate wether you have a specific date or if
either works for you. Both sessions are sheduled from 8a-12p. Dates
will be assigned on a FCFS basis so please dont wait until last
minute. I will post the final list on Sept 14 @ 1700hrs.

Thanks,
Josh

Joshua Poznanski