[HFDlist] EMT Program interest

Russ Hall rhall at holdenma.gov
Tue May 1 08:21:38 EDT 2018

All:

We are looking at the possibility of hosting an EMT program here at Fire
HQ in the fall.  The program would need a minimum of 10 students to be
held, the lead instructor would be Gregg Sculthorpe who has been
teaching programs for many years.  HFD members would be able to attend
at a reduced rate, which would need to be worked out once the program is
scheduled.  This would be a good opportunity for department members to
get their EMT without leaving town and traveling to an off-site course.
As you are all aware, 75% of our department call volume is EMS and it
keeps growing every year.  We rely heavily on recalls for EMS coverage
throughout the course of the year which would allow dual role personnel
more opportunity to be active in the department.  Every member brought
on the department after 1/1/2018 will be required to be an EMT and all
officers are required to be EMT certified. EMS is a major component in
the fire service today and dual role FF/EMT's are the future for us to
provide the proper level of service to the community.  If you are
interested in taking part in this program please let me know so that we
can see if it is something we can move forward with.

Thanks:

Russ

Fire Chief