[HFDlist] Kidde smoke alarm recall

Russ Hall rhall at holdenma.gov
Thu Mar 22 08:23:08 EDT 2018

All:

Kidde has recalled their dual sensor smoke alarms due to ineffective
detection or smoke from a manufacturing defect.  These alarms are
distinctive when looking at them, see the attached link for a picture
and description.  The model numbers are PI2010 and PI9010.  These
detectors are in many houses in Holden as it was a requirement in the
building code from 2008 until late 2016 to have both technologies.  If
we come across these models during inspections or at a call for service,
the resident needs to be informed that they have been recalled and need
to be replaced. Any questions please let me know.

Thanks:

14C

www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2018/kidde-recalls-dual-sensor-smoke-alarms-due-to-risk-of-failure-to-alert-consumers-to-a

Fire Chief