[HFDlist] EMS Updates/Inspections/CPR

enaiman at holdenma.gov enaiman at holdenma.gov
Wed Sep 13 18:12:30 EDT 2017

Good afternoon all:

I wanted to provide some updates on some of the things taking place on
the EMS side of the department, and some changes that will be coming --

1.) STOCK ROOM/SUPPLY REQUESTS - I have created a stock room/supply
request google doc to use for supply requests. This has been loaded on
to a laptop that is accessible in the stock room, and all three
ambulance laptops in the folder called "EMS". This will automatically
email me your requests. Please notify me of supplies that are low,
missing, or expired. I have attached a photo below. You may also
access the form from this link, on any device:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kzoYz5p0Z2x5DF_VlXY4Zu2w_7VU6YTc9Q0MSnTksX4
2.) STATE INSPECTIONS - State inspections are expected soon. I would
ask that all of the groups and call-EMTs make a conscious effort to
help ready the ambulances. This means all ambulances must be
thoroughly cleaned, stocked (please refrain from overstocking), and
any deficiencies be reported in a timely fashion. I appreciate
everyones assistance with this.
3.) CHECKLISTS - It is imperative that every ambulance, every day,
have a completed checklist submitted. This is a state OEMS policy, and
is part of the OEMS inspections. I am looking at ways to streamline
the checklists, and hope to have something in place for October 1st. I
am open to suggestions, if there are any. It is equally important that
the Narcotic logs be signed twice daily, and as close to 7am/7pm as
possible. These are also recorded and submitted for review.
4.) CPR - The amount of CPR class requests the department receives
continues to grow. Any member who has a current CPR Instructor
certification who is interested in assisting, or any current BLS CPR
card holder who would be interested in taking a CPR Instructor class,
is encouraged to contact me.

Any questions, comments, or concerns please reach out. Thank you.

Regards,
--
Ethan Naiman
EMS Coordinator