[HFDlist] EMS update

enaiman at holdenma.gov enaiman at holdenma.gov
Thu Jul 6 19:43:24 EDT 2017

All,

As most of you are aware, I have assumed the duties of EMS coordinator
as of July 1, 2017.  I am excited for the opportunity to continue the
work of my predecessors, and thank the department for putting their
trust in me for this position.  A special thank you to David Russo
Jr., as his tireless efforts to progress our EMS department has left a
lasting impact on this department. We have all benefited from his work
during his tenure.  I wish him the best of luck in his new role.

        A few quick updates on EMS topics as they relate to our department:

   *   I have placed Pediatric Bougies on all three ambulances. They
are located with the adult Bougie Introducers.  If you have any
questions about them, please see me.
   *   I am working on scheduling M&M rounds for the remainder of the
year. Those exact dates will be determined based on Medical Director
availability, but should be expected in the months of September and
December.
   *   I believe I have updated everyone’s con-ed so that it reflects
our completed con-ed classes.  Please see me if you are missing
anything.  As a reminder, those of you who are not affiliated with the
department as your training institution are responsible for adding in
the Con-ed classes yourself.
   *   We continue to battle with some pharmaceutical back-order
issues. At this time we are unable to get 1000mL bags of Normal
Saline. They are on order, but the expected delivery date is unknown.
This is systemic issue, and we may run into problems with other
medications moving forward until the manufacturing issues are
resolved. I will keep everyone updated.
I look forward to working with you all.  I would ask for your patience
as this position does have steep learning curve.  That being said --
my door is always open, and I am available by cell phone (774)244-2829
whenever feasible.  If anyone has suggestions for ways to improve our
EMS service, please seek me out.  Also, for our on-call members, if
you are interested in becoming more active as an EMT within our
department, I would welcome you to do so.

Lastly, I will be on Vacation from July 8 - 15. I will be available
via e-mail intermittently.  Please contact a shift officer if you have
an issue requiring immediate attention.

Respectfully,
--
Ethan Naiman