[HFDlist] RADIO ISSUES

Leah Francese-Wood lfwood at holdenma.gov
Wed Apr 26 16:16:12 EDT 2017

 From Rob Nickerson:

As many of you know we have had some radio issues arise over the past
couple of days.  WORAD was able to track the problem to a faulty
receiver at the Avery Hts site.  This site has been disconnected until a
replacement can be purchased.  Until further notice our only operating
repeater site will be Steele St.

With that being said there is a possibility that we may have some
trouble areas in regards to radio reception.  If in the following areas
you may not be able to hit the repeater with your portable.  These
include (but not limited to):

Reservior St (past Bailey towards Worcester line)
Mason Rd
Wood St.
Sterling Rd.
Princeton St.

If this occurs (and you are on a fire call) you will need to turn your
portable radios to "HFD Direct" channel.  This does not include mobile
radios in the trucks.  Mobile radios have enough power to reach the
repeater in all areas.

Thank you for your time in this matter.
Robert Nickerson