[HFDlist] Holden Hospital

JBennett at flexcon.com JBennett at flexcon.com
Tue Dec 30 16:21:36 EST 2014

Thanks Jack.  Good to know.  I still remember the Jr. High fire.

From:   Jack Chandler <jchandler at holdenma.gov>
<chiefconte at hotmail.com>, Tom Welsh <twelsh at westboylstonfire.org>, "David
Hurlbut, work" <david.hurlbut at sterlingfd.net>, Joe Flanagan
<jflanagan at boylston-ma.gov>, Brad Weber <firechief at townofrutland.org>,
John Bennett/FLEXCON at FLEXCON, Sarah Chandler <sarmom1 at aol.com>, Chris
Carey <ccarey at holdenma.gov>, Jacquie Kelly <jkelly at HoldenMa.gov>
Date:   12/30/2014 10:58 AM
Subject:        Holden Hospital

The sprinkler system to the old Holden Hospital has been shut off, the
building has been emptied of all contents and most power and other fuel
sources have been shut off. The building has been placarded with red X's.
In the event of a fire it should be attacked defensively; there is nothing
in it worth an injury.

The owner and the insurance company that covers the building have all
agreed to this so there is no pressure to try and enter the building.

 If there is a small fire easily accessible and the IC feels it is safe to
enter it will be the IC's call.

Thanks

14C

--

Jack Chandler, Chief
Holden, Massachusetts 01520
JChandler at holdenma.gov

This electronic message is confidential and intended for the named
recipient only. Any dissemination, disclosure or distribution of the
contents of this communication is unlawful and prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please contact by return e-mail or
telephone (508-210-5650), and delete the copy you received. Thank you.

USA Offices & Distribution Centers:  open 12/22, 12/23, 12/29, 12/30, 12/31; closed 12/24, 12/25, 12/26, & 1/1.
Canadian Office & Distribution Center:  open 12/22, 12/23, 12/24, 12/29, 12/30, 12/31; closed 12/25, 12/26 & 1/1.
MANUFACTURING Operations in the USA:  closed 12/24 through 12/26, 12/29 – 1/1 for equipment upgrades and preventative maintenance to ensure we continue to provide you with the highest quality pressure-sensitive film and adhesive materials.

Our best wishes to you for a wonderful holiday season.