[HFDlist] RADIO CONSOLES

Leah Francese-Wood lfwood at holdenma.gov
Fri Dec 12 12:33:05 EST 2014

To All:

This morning the dispatch center encountered a radio console failure and
had to switch FD operations to the back up system.  This failure was due
to a power supply in the radio/911 room, specifically tied to our radio
console in the watch room. The new parts are being ordered and will be
installed as soon as they arrive.
With that being said, our console in the Watch room is down until the
new hardware is installed.  This includes the "In House" paging or alert
system too. I would suggest leaving your pagers or portable radios on in
your dorm rooms at night as you will not be alerted otherwise.
We hope to have the new hardware delivered overnight, but could be
Monday depending on availability.  I have placed a portable radio and
desk charger in the Watch room in case you need to monitor or call from
there.  The remote heads (hand sets) in the officer's room, kitchen, and
by Leah's desk work as normal, including tones.

If you have any further radio/communication questions/concerns please do
not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your patients,

Rob Nickerson
--