[HFDlist] New Holden Fire Department Chaplain

Jack Chandler jchandler at holdenma.gov
Thu Aug 28 12:35:32 EDT 2014

I am pleased to announce the Pastor John Barber as agreed to become of
new Chaplain. John has been at the First Congregational Church here in
Holden for 14 years so we know the town well and has many of our members
in his congregation.  John will begin coming to our trainings and
meetings soon and will try to learn all of our names and faces! Please
reach out to John and welcome him to our department!

14C

john.jpg

About our new Chaplain....John grew up the son of a congregational
minister and has lived here in New England his whole life and in
Massachusetts since he was 5.  He attended the University of
Massachusetts in Amherst from where he received his bachelors degree in
Electrical Engineering and worked for New England Telephone in Worcester
(now Verizon) for most of the 1990s.  During that time John felt God's
increasing call to go into full-time ministry and eventually decided to
go for it.  He graduated from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in
2000 and became pastor of the First Congregational Church later that
same year.

God has blessed John with a wonderful soul mate and life partner, his
wife Kathy.  He has also blessed John and Kathy with two lively children
Tim and Katie. John says. " I love to sing.  I love to talk.  I love to
hang out and have fun."

--

Jack Chandler, Chief
Holden, Massachusetts 01520
JChandler at holdenma.gov

This electronic message is confidential and intended for the named recipient only. Any dissemination, disclosure or distribution of the contents of this communication is unlawful and prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact by return e-mail or telephone (508-210-5650), and delete the copy you received. Thank you.