[HFDlist] Emergency Vehicle Operations

Bergstrom, Peter W PBergstrom at ALLEGROMICRO.com
Mon Sep 24 15:54:35 EDT 2012

One additional note to Russ's message, this absolutely includes your personal vehicles as well when responding to calls.

Pete Bergstrom

-----Original Message-----
From: rhall at holdenma.gov [mailto:rhall at holdenma.gov]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 3:44 PM
To: firedept at lists.holdenma.gov
Subject: [HFDlist] Emergency Vehicle Operations

FYI:

We have received a 2nd complaint from the State Police regarding our
department vehicles and coming to a complete stop at red lights.
Please remember, it is motor vehicle law that you come to a complete
stop at all red lights before proceeding through.  The trooper was
very adamant that he will not hesitate to cite our vehicles for
"rolling through a red light at 10 - 15 mph".

Please remember to adhere to all traffic laws and town policies when
responding to all calls for service.

Thanks:

Russ

Assistant Chief/EMS Coordinator