[HFDlist] Explorer visit

Jack Chandler jchandler at holdenma.gov
Thu Oct 25 12:55:23 EDT 2012

On Saturday 27 Oct 2012, the Holden Fire Explorer post 2012 will be
hosting a group of 23 students and advisers from the greater Egleston
Community High Schoolin Boston to spend a day of training with our
explorers.  This day was set up after an initial request from Dean K.
Mike Thompson, Dean of student affairs.  He heads up a special program
at the school to help kids learn better nutrition, physical fitness,
scholastic improvement and career building.

He got wind of the Holden program by looking at the web under Jr. FF and
I believe he contacted the Department of Fire Services.

Saturday will also include members of the Sutton FD explorer post 40 and
their fire chief and a brand new fire explorer post from Hinsdale NH who
officially started on 17 Oct.  They are coming down to observe the
training and hopefully build their own program

Dean Thompson has told me that the Boston Public schools are very
interested in how the day goes.

Mike Rosen will be overseeing the visit if anyone has any issues.

Jack

--
Jack Chandler, Chief
Holden, Massachusetts 01520
JChandler at holdenma.gov

This electronic message is confidential and intended for the named recipient only. Any dissemination, disclosure or distribution of the contents of this communication is unlawful and prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact by return e-mail or telephone (your phone number), and delete the copy you received. Thank you.