[HFDlist] Mixter Road House Fire

Jack Chandler jchandler at holdenma.gov
Sat Mar 31 11:38:16 EDT 2012

I would like to thank everyone for a great job at the fire last night!

Everything seemed to go to plan and very smoothly. As Mixter is mostly
out of the hydrant district it was a little more challenging than most
of our fires. Good call by Tim Fitzgerald to take engine 4 with the
large water capacity. As far as I could tell we never ran out of water
prior to getting the supply line in place which is great. C1 and C2 did
a great job at the scene with operations and safety.

Also special recognition to the crews on engine two and engine three as
they were made up of many of our newer firefighters. Holden was able to
staff all four engines, the tower and an ambulance utilizing the four on
duty personnel, 2 fulltime and 23 call members.

Thanks to Paxton and Sterling for assisting at the scene and to Rutland
and West Boylston for their help in covering the rest of the town while
we were tied up!

Again, thanks to everyone for a great job!

14C

--

Jack Chandler, Chief
Holden, Massachusetts 01520

This electronic message is confidential and intended for the named recipient only. Any dissemination, disclosure or distribution of the contents of this communication is unlawful and prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact by return e-mail or telephone (your phone number), and delete the copy you received. Thank you.