[HFDlist] [Fwd: China: FF LODD, Fire History, Several Close Calls (The Secret List)]

Jack Chandler jchandler at townofholden.net
Tue Feb 10 11:50:59 EST 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	China: FF LODD, Fire History, Several Close Calls (The Secret
List)
Date: 	Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:26:36 -0500 (EST)
From: 	TheSecretList at FirefighterCloseCalls.com
<thesecretlist at firefighterclosecalls.com>
To: 	jchandler at townofholden.net

<http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001bKGXTOfmF8qnGjduvF95qYNwsv2y4RDHemhWdgc6cuxmMwXFt2euU1LIiagPBa50psdhtOf20auMoaInmh5IjPK_R66-K7NJ7-HtOWUpHqiNB517UdBvwA%3D%3D>

FFCC Banner 08

*FIREFIGHTER KILLED IN THE LINE OF DUTY-CHINA (video)
The Secret List  **www.FireFighterCloseCalls.com*
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102452330985&e=001utrrbRf8ffHNsdVy52fM837hJhhy30zL_7Xc6R1hobJzQmPs87_YZKslvFz7Fu0NYd8P6G2XnnGxPilGGFVL5eFR15MJz7Obs9OmB-FniASLAFxEwYuPqtZurSSZalZv0X52vJa1jVk=>

A Firefighter has died in the Line of Duty at that Central China
Television's complex fire in downtown Beijing on Monday night. The FF
suffered smoke inhalation while searching in the unvented structure and
died in hospital early this morning. 6 other people were injured,
including 5 Firefighters. Our sincere condolences.
Here is some video of the fire:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahTNjmY7EpA
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102452330985&e=001utrrbRf8ffHVJg9E9_AVjyEcDHbHrcOedEapa5z64yJKQ0Ua3vI1VRLWMo6QS9j3PL6LfE9rCHdKUsMY3-gxLcTHx3hxNmO-zp644CvpIY7KpPo_fQIWIIkN4paq11o9Ek6GJ00By08v51EX6U98vw==>

*SEVERAL CLOSE CALLS:*
A *Trenton, NJ* Firefighter is fighting for his life this morning
following a 2nd alarm fire last night. Initial reports were received for
multiple trapped occupants, including children. Several people were
rescued from the 3rd floor by this, and other TFD FF's. *It is reported
that a Firefighter exited the building complaining of shortness of
breath and then went into cardiac arrest.*
The fire is considered suspicious...updates to follow.

*Tempe, AZ*, Firefighters were operating at a working fire at a vacant
home on Tuesday morning. Several Firefighters were inside the home when
a small portion of the roof collapsed. Captain Dan Fonseca with the
Tempe Fire Department said, "When it collapsed we didn't know where
everyone was at and as we were coming through we tried to gather
everybody and get a head count." All of the firefighters made it out of
the house without serious injuries. There were reports of homeless
people in the structure.

*FIRE HISTORY-170 people killed in PA:*
Thanks to Mike W from IFSTA for this reminder...one of the largest loss
of life fires ever to occur in the U.S. happened in 1908 at the Rhodes
Opera House in Boyertown, PA . 170 people lost their lives in this fire
and it was responsible for many of the modern fire and building codes
that are used today. Another thing that will strike you is how similar
the cause of this fire was to the Rhode Island Station
Nightclub nightclub fire a few years ago.
To recognize the 100th anniversary of this fire, an Allentown TV station
produced a very good documentary about it. A 5 minute clip that is very
interesting can be found at: http://www.wfmz.com/special/operahousefire/
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102452330985&e=001utrrbRf8ffFKLGz57lM0waoFVwlgC6_RR7XWGiGXtiKblF9o-Z7thP-qhvHFovlDtE6SCbQdYi2a4jD3bdYwmqSyjXlgMqrwWyn_mi3Vx20rsEK8Rry-s7yVaAfDzasW4xvvCEic0wV1Tl0j1vP1ng==>

Take Care-BE CAREFUL,
BillyG
The Secret List 2-10-09 / 1044 hours
www.FireFighterCloseCalls.com
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102452330985&e=001utrrbRf8ffHNsdVy52fM837hJhhy30zL_7Xc6R1hobJzQmPs87_YZKslvFz7Fu0NYd8P6G2XnnGxPilGGFVL5eFR15MJz7Obs9OmB-FniASLAFxEwYuPqtZurSSZalZv0X52vJa1jVk=>

Forward email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1102327818491&ea=jchandler%40townofholden.net&a=1102452330985>
Safe Unsubscribe
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001pNRQhF_J28dT8SOMjSWMHNr8128uAscjfcKDvv6X75t1xrUIEbTd1g8L5pLbziPPK73uv-Qp1Fo%3D&p=un>

This email was sent to jchandler at townofholden.net by
thesecretlist at firefighterclosecalls.com
<mailto:thesecretlist at firefighterclosecalls.com>.
Update Profile/Email Address
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001pNRQhF_J28dT8SOMjSWMHNr8128uAscjfcKDvv6X75t1xrUIEbTd1g8L5pLbziPPK73uv-Qp1Fo%3D&p=oo>
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001pNRQhF_J28dT8SOMjSWMHNr8128uAscjfcKDvv6X75t1xrUIEbTd1g8L5pLbziPPK73uv-Qp1Fo%3D&p=un>^(TM)

www.FirefighterCloseCalls.com | 4 State Rd. #102 | Media | PA | 19063

--
Jack Chandler, Chief
Holden, Massachusetts 01520

This electronic message is confidential and intended for the named recipient only. Any dissemination, disclosure or distribution of the contents of this communication is unlawful and prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact by return e-mail or telephone (508-829-0266), and delete the copy you received. Thank you.